Are you wanting to eat healthier - for better health, improved weight control, more energy, or greater emotional well-being?
A person’s diet can have an incredible impact on emotional and physical well-being. Making lifestyle changes, such as eating healthier, can be challenging; however, there are many science-backed, practical and simple strategies that have been found to help make it easier and more rewarding.
The Making the Change programme is not about a fad diet. It instead helps you to start and stick to a healthier lifestyle diet of your choice. You'll learn practical and proven (science-backed) strategies that can help make it easier (and more enjoyable) for you to make sustainable changes to your diet.
The workshop presenter, Lynda-Maree Bavin, PhD, is passionate about helping others apply practical and science-backed techniques to make long-term changes to behaviours that impact their physical health and emotional well-being. Lynda-Maree has a Masters and a PhD in psychology (with a focus on health psychology and entertainment-education), has presented at international conferences, and is an executive committee member of the Australasian Society of Behavioural Health and Medicine.
During the half-day kick-starter workshop, you will:
- Learn proven strategies that help make it easier to start and stick to healthy eating
- Identify your personal drivers and triggers of unhealthy eating, overeating, or unplanned snacking
- Be guided through creating an implementation plan that appeals to you and that will help you overcome your personal challenges
- Learn how healthy eating improves physical health and emotional well-being
- Discover how your journey to eating healthier can be an enjoyable adventure
- Receive a guidebook that will help you identify your personal motivations, challenges and triggers, and that you can use to develop your personal implementation plan
- And because weight loss or weight maintenance is a common reason for wanting to eat healthier or reduce overeating, the workshop also includes a section about the influences on weight and body composition (there are some obvious and some less obvious factors that can influence body composition and contribute to weight gain). You'll also learn about metabolic adaptation to weight loss efforts and how to reduce it.
- There will be a short refreshment break during the workshop.
In the 12 weeks following the workshop, you will:
- Have access to a private facebook group where you can share your journey and give and receive support from others who have also attended a Making the Change workshop.
- Receive short, daily motivational/reminder emails to support you in making the change to eating healthier.
If you have any questions about the workshop or programme, please email email@example.com
In the week prior to the event, you will be emailed two worksheets. Completing these worksheets (approximately 15 minutes) prior to the workshop is highly recommended in order to gain the greatest benefit from the programme. An email address is therefore requested when purchasing your ticket online. Your email address will be kept secure and will not be shared with any third party. At any time, you can request to have your email address removed from our records.
“The Kickstarter workshop included lots of strategies that were easy to understand and has helped me change my eating. I learned a lot! Highly recommend.”
“I really enjoyed the workshop. It had good information. I did the workshop to help me lose weight. Have lost 2 kg in 2 weeks so far. Really happy with that. The emails have been good for keeping me motivated and helps remind me of things from the workshop.”