Having a baby is one of the biggest life changes we will go through. Regardless of how you give birth there are some huge physical changes that take place. Your body needs time and careful support to recover and regain strength. Dr Julie Bhosale and Cara McNaugton (head trainer of the mum squad, pre-and postnatal personal training specialist) know how hard this can be and also how confusing a lot of current advise it. Both mums themselves they also understand you want to start figuring out this new body of yours - and are here to help with a special postnatal workshop on Saturday the 12th of October.
As part of this 3 hour workshop you will get:
- A complete check for abdominal separation and TVA activation
- A 50 minute postnatal safe guided workout with Cara – This also includes technique checking and guidance on exercises which are helpful for improving core and back strength and what to be aware of to avoid abdominal separation. In addition, you will also get guidance and practice on pelvic floor exercises and tips to maintain this ongoing.
- A 30 minute guided meditation and restorative session (or space to simply sleep!)
- Morning tea with hot drinks and raw treats made by Dr Julie.
- A 50 minute nutrition presentation and food demo by Dr Julie on fueling your postnatal recovery including helpful foods improve energy, support breastfeeding/feeding and manage hormone changes & sleep loss.
- Time to connect with both Dr Julie, Cara and other mums.
This workshop is designed just for all mums - anywhere in your postpartum journey – postpartum is for life! You can be a few months postpartum or 3 years. You just need to have been cleared for exercise from a health professional (normally 6 weeks postpartum for a normal delivery and 8 weeks for a c-section). The workshop will be tailored to your ability and current level of recovery.
These workshops will be held in Auckland at the Onepoto Domain Community Centre - just off the motorway with plenty of parking.
What to Bring:
Come in comfortable gear that you can move in, a drink bottle and B.Y.O your own pillow & matt! For babies who are not yet on the move they are more than welcome as well.
It will be a super fun morning of movement, laughs, nourishing treats, essential nutrition tips and being looked after by Dr Julie and Cara.
Tickets are limited due to space so grab a friend and book now to ensure you don’t miss out!