Discharge Comedy (Benedict Cumberbatch Must Die, 28 Days: A Period Piece, What Is This? Woman's Hour?) are coming on home to Dunedin to rock and roll the fruit bowl after a smash hit Wellington seasons as New Zealand’s only feminist-fruit-themed-comedy-punk band!*
More comedy. Way more noise. Still no boys.
Rage, riot and 5+ a day are what The Rotten Cores are all about, although band dynamics are less than peachy. Can the band put aside their differences, or will things go pear-shaped? Moody and mysterious drummer Sour Grapes (Alayne Dick), classically trained vocalist Lemon Lime Bitters (Harriet Hughes), and rough-around-the-edges punk Peachy Keen (Rosie Howells) are here to rock. But you can’t make a fruit salad without causing a stir.
Award-winning all-women comedy troupe Discharge are pleased as punch to serve another helping of juicy comedy gold as The Rotten Cores, including original songs on mouldy homes, high rent, independent contracting, NZ history, jazz school, and going gluten free.
*No research has been done into the existence of any other feminist-fruit-themed-comedy-punk bands.
"A fresh, vibrant, laugh out loud musical with lots of artificial colours and naturally funny flavours." – Art Murmurs
“Women making cool stuff for the stage … As well as fruit puns … to the absolute delight of the audience.” – Salient
“I’m too old to be here.” – Theatreview
* Best Composer of Music Nominee (Wellington Theatre Awards, 2018)
* Most Promising Newcomer WINNER (Wellington Theatre Awards, 2018)
* Best Poster & Marketing WINNER - (NZ Fringe, 2018)
* Most Promising Emerging Artist WINNER – A Mulled Whine (NZ Fringe, 2018)
* Best New Writer Nominee – Rosie Howells (NZ Writers’ Guild Awards, 2017)
* Best Actress Nominee – Rosie Howells (48 Hour Film Festival, 2016)
* Most Promising Emerging Artist WINNER – Tony Black (NZ Fringe, 2016)
* Script/Narrative of the Year – Alayne Dick (Dunedin Theatre Awards, 2015)
* Best Comedy Nominee - What is this? Woman's Hour? (NZ Fringe, 2014)
* Best Comedy WINNER - 'What is This? Woman's Hour? (Dunedin Fringe, 2013)
Warning: Coarse language and loud noise.
Fringe Tags; Theatre, Comedy, Music