This is a new concept from SeniorNet, known as a Workshop Set. There are 4 sessions that are linked but can be booked separately depending on your requirements and current knowledge. Highly recommended.
- Identify the main parts of the computer
- Identify the computer specifications
- How much Memory do You Need?
- Windows Update
- Task Manager
- Set the System Restore utility
- Consider the Need for Computer Security
- ISPs, Modems and Routers
- Name the Nasties
- Recognising something is wrong
- Anti-Virus Software (Internet Security Suites)
- Use the Computer Window tools
- Schedule Back Up and Back Up files
- Empty the Recycling Bin
- User tweaks with Defrag
- Windows 10 Security
- Surge Protectors
Computers are available for your use but you may bring your own laptop to the course. 2-hour sessions for four weeks.
The workshop set runs on 4 consecutive Tuesdays mornings.
Bookings essential but the workshop set is free to financial members. Must be current members of SeniorNet Glenfield or join (annual fee $30). If you are new to SeniorNet you are invited to attend a Meet and Greet session on a Monday morning between 10 am and 12md. Ring for an appointment.