Come join us at the ever-popular come fly a kite event! There's so much to do and see as well as the fantastic array of kites!
Bring your own kite or simply sit back and enjoy the sky full of colour. There will be prizes and competitions, food stalls, kite-making workshops and so much more.
- Entertainment for the whole family
- Prizes and competitions
- Food stalls
- Kite-making workshop
- Bouncy castles
- Climbing wall
- Free kite making workshops: make a kite to fly, or a small decorative origami kite
- Free face painting by the Magic Brush
- Large show kites by Kiteworks and Peter Clark Kites
- Auckland Transport will also hold a bike workshop, and provide bike parking and a bike mechanic and resources (bells, maps etc.) for those riding to the event
- Gold coin sausage sizzle
This is a smoke-free and zero-waste event.