"Art know no disability."
- A fun, motivating and intrinsically reinforcing experience.
- Increases positive risk taking both physically and emotionally, in a safe environment.
- Promotes physical health and body awareness through activity.
- Enables students to acquire a skill base relating to circus as well as more generic 'life skills'.
- Increases self-confidence and self-efficacy.
- Improves social connectedness, teamwork, and leadership skills with the group.
- Provides opportunities for calming rhythmic activities, increased sensory feedback, a focus on balance, and coordination.
- Creates a space in which participants feel a sense of belonging.