Want to learn Upholstery? recover that stool? or kick start your new Upholstery hobby? It's easier than you think.
Enjoy the Unique atmosphere of the Historic village.
Bring a friend and get $10 discount each.
(Small group, so be quick it will fill fast).
BYO Small Upholstery project e.g Dinning chair
(seat only), Footstool, Ottoman, Bar stool or piano stool.
Don't have a project? Ask a friend, or garage sale's, i'm sure you'll find one... Send a picture of project for suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0272524414.
Tutor: Paula Jones
Separate Individual Workshops on: 11th May, or 6th July or 3rd August or 7th September
Skills you'll learn:
- Safely strip down your project.
- Repair and prep.
- Create a foundation with elastic webbing
- Build a comfort core with foam and wadding
- Placing fabric and cutting
- Stapling fabric to project
- Learn how to do release cut's
- Tying buttons on
- Lastly add gimp, buttons or decorative tacks optional.
It's so much easier than you think. You'll have fun, make new friends and take home something to be proud of.
What to bring?
- Fabric (medium weight upholstery grade)
- Small sturdy furniture piece suitable for a beginner (no borer or springs)
- Sewing machine if needed
- Sense of humour
- Cash to buy foam if needed.(or donuts from the cafe)
- Lunch, drink or cash for cafe - The Whipped Baker
I will have foam, gimp, decorative tacks and fabric pieces to purchase if required.
Tea and coffee provided.
Exciting ! hope to see you then.