Wood and bone carving - Evening class
6pm - 9pm (August - September)/ $50 (includes materials)
This is a beginners class but all level students are welcome to attend.
In this class we will be creating a wearable carving from wood or bone, students will be offered a range of materials to work from. Students can attend classes individual or for a whole term (7 classes) depending on their project goals.
This class will cover:
- An introduction to carving practice, examples and carving resources
- Common carving materials, where to find them and how to prepare them
- Design phase, considerations of material and form
- Carving tools, an Introduction to hand and power tools used for carving
- Finishing touches, polishing, staining and threading up your cord
If you would like to bring your own materials please contact us prior to the class
There are ten places available per class.