Next year’s referendum on cannabis legalisation is a historic decision that will lock in New Zealand’s approach to cannabis for years to come. Many people have told us they are looking for balanced information on the different cannabis law reform options, including how different reforms have worked out overseas.
To provide this information, cannabis policy researchers at Massey University (Associate Professor Chris Wilkins and Dr. Marta Rychert) are bringing five leading international experts from the United States, Uruguay, Europe, Australia and Canada to speak about the cannabis reforms enacted in their countries in a series of public lectures. In addition to the public seminar planned in Wellington, we have partnered with the University of Auckland Public Policy Institute and University of Otago to bring these speakers to Auckland and Christchurch. Prepare for first-hand accounts of cannabis law reform and lively debate!
Who are the international experts?
- Professor Beau Kilmer - RAND Corporation Drug Policy Research Center, United States
- Associate Professor Rosario Queirolo - Catholic University of Uruguay, Latin American Marijuana Research Initiative
- Professor Simon Lenton - National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University, Australia
- Professor Tom Decorte - Ghent University, Belgium
- Professor Benedikt Fischer - Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada; now with Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, the University of Auckland