Specialise In Yoga for Pregnancy.
Bliss Baby Yoga is internationally renowned for offering quality yoga teacher training courses in the specialist field of Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
This Bliss Baby Yoga Prenatal Weekend Intensive with Jennifer Allen is fun, practical and packed with information to help launch you into the growing field of teaching yoga to pregnant women. We're excited to offer our weekend prenatal module in Nelson, New Zealand.
The training will equip you with the skills and knowledge to safely and confidently teach yoga to women during all stages of pregnancy, and assist to prepare women for birth and the journey into motherhood.
Suitable for qualified yoga teachers, women’s health professionals, yoga teacher trainees and practicing yoga students who intend to undertake yoga teacher training.
In this 22-hour intensive weekend training, you will emerge with the foundational knowledge to teach pregnant women yoga safely and appropriately. The following subjects will be covered:
- The three trimesters - psycho-physiological changes to mum and baby
- Birth: stages of labour; preparing a woman for a 'yogic', empowered birth
- "The Golden Rules" - safety guidelines for prenatal students
- Sequencing for prenatal yoga - the 5 prenatal posture groups
- Prenatal yoga therapy/ applied Anatomy & Physiology: back problems & pelvic instabilty during pregnancy; other common prenatal complaints
- Pelvic floor & squatting
- Working with props to modify for various stages of pregnancy
- Prenatal Restorative Yoga
- Prenatal partner yoga
- Pranayama for pregnancy and birth