Inviting healthy participants* for free Abdominal MRI & Metabolism testing:
- Aged 65+ only (without history or family history of pancreatitis or diabetes) to compare with our pancreatitis and diabetes patients.
- Particularly interested if you are from Asian/Maori/PI descent, but all ethnicities are welcome.
What this involves:
During your visit, you will first undergo a 45min abdominal MRI scan to assess your pancreas. This will take place at CAMRI (Centre for Advanced MRI); once completed you will receive a CD with your images.
Then, we will proceed to our COSMOS Clinic for metabolism testing:
- Your HbA1c, fasting blood glucose, lipid profile, and insulin levels will be measured
- Anthropometric measurements will be done
- A quick ultrasound will be performed to check your osteoporosis risk
- You will also be required to complete a few questionnaires.
Please note: You are required to come fasting – nothing to eat/drink from midnight the night before; water is fine.
The entire visit will take no more than 2 hours and we will reimburse you with a $40.00 petrol voucher for your time and participation.
All the above tests will be conducted free of charge to you.
Location and parking:
The Centre for Advanced MRI is located within the University Of Auckland School of Medicine, opposite to Auckland City Hospital; free underground parking is available.
If the above days and times don't suit you, we can try to accommodate you on a different schedule.
If you would like to participate or obtain more information please contact:
Gisselle Alarcon Ramos
Nurse l Coordinator
COSMOS l Research Clinic
Department of Surgery
Auckland City Hospital l Level 3 l Support Building
Clinic phone: 09 9231821
*This study has been approved by the Health and Disability Ethics Committee for Dr Max Petrov, the main investigator.