In this workshop we will introduce you to the wonderful world of upholstery. This is Voodoo Molly's most popular workshop with students attending from all over NZ and beyond.
This class isn't just for total beginners, its also a great class for intermediate students who would like to understand layer construction and some of the most essential techniques. In this first class you will upholster your very own footstool over 6 hours. Bring along 1m of your fabric, everything else is supplied.
You will learn:
- Introduction to basic upholstery tools
- What upholstery supplies are available
- Health and safety in the workshop
- Creating a support base with frame and webbing
- Adding foam and wadding to make a comfort core
- Working with fabric
- How to tie on buttons