The Foundational Hand is the ideal script when embarking on learning calligraphy as it underpins the lettering in many other calligraphy scripts. It is a simple and elegant script and has many uses when writing calligraphy.
In this full day workshop Maggie Salter, expert calligrapher from Kapiti, will teach you the basic skills, with an emphasis on the lower case and a short time on upper case and numeral, correct use of the calligraphy pen and the right way to form the letters.
By the end of the class, you'll:
- Have a basic understanding of the foundational hand, especially the lower case letters
- Be able to hold the pen on the right angle
- Be able to describe the starting place and the number of strokes for each letter
- Know how to analyse and compare letters with examples given
- Feel encouraged to practise and improve letter forms at home
Cost: $120. Class cost includes supplies for each student:
- Pilot 3.8mm parallel pen
- Extra pack of cartridges
- A3 layout pad
- pencil, protractor, eraser, ruler and handouts
Coffee and tea will be provided. Students will be responsible for their own lunch.
Please note, class size is limited to 7 students to ensure each student is provided with sufficient one-on-one attention. To secure your spot, please pay one of three ways:
- Pay at the Inkt shop: 17 Victoria Ave., M-F 8:30-5:30pm Sat 9-2
- Pay by credit card over the phone, ring the shop at 06 262 8080
- Pay by direct debit, call for details
We hope you can make it! If you have any questions or want more detail on the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Susanne at 021 418 833.