We are looking for your best photo!
Whether it’s native birds, insects, plants, trees or enjoying the outdoors with your whanau and friends, send us your best shots!.
To celebrate the 50th Conservation Week we are running a photography competition that puts the focus on whanau & friends getting out and enjoying the outdoors in the district (see Terms and Conditions) on the Conservation Week competition page. www.conservationweek.org.nz
Adult and Youth (15yrs & under) categories with two main themes:
- New Zealand scenery & wildlife
- People enjoying the outdoors, hiking, biking, picnicking etc
You need to be:
- Living or studying in the district
- An amateur photographer
Prizes sponsored by:
- Department of Conservation
- Toi Ohomai Rotorua
- Kim Westerkov Photographer
- Rotorua Duck Tours
- River Rats Raft and Kayak
- Mountain Bike Rotorua
- OGO Rotorua
- Spa @ QE
- A selection of photographs will be included in a digital photography exhibition.
How to enter:
- Take a great photo!
Your photo should be of:
New Zealand scenery & wildlife in the district
People enjoying the outdoors, hiking, biking, picnicking etc in the district
- Send your photo to us
You can send in your photo by email.
Make sure to send your photo to us midnight 8 September 2019.
Details you need to include
You need to include:
- your first and last name
- Adult or Youth (age if you are youth)
- your school if you go to one
- your contact details, phone number or email
- a brief description of what the photo is of, location of photo and when it was taken.
To enter email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you enter the competition
A panel of judges selected by DOC will judge all the photographs. They will then choose winners each category.
Their decision will be based on:
- originality and creativity
The winners will be advised by e-mail by 13 September 2019.
Go to the DOC Conservation Week Website for more details and terms and conditions:
This event is part of Conservation Week 2019.