Directed by Penel Keegan.
When Martin Massie and his sister Hilda, both unmarried, move to Bluebell Hill, they have no idea what is in store for them. From apprehending a presumed intruder to forming and running what in effect becomes a vigilante group to protect their neighbourhood, it all gets very out of hand. A colourful cast of characters play their part in a well-intentioned plan escalating to a drastic finish.
- Martin Massie, 40s: Seemingly pompous and rather annoying at first meeting, Martin is actually rather a good sort. Genuine and well-meaning, he finds he has a tiger-by-the-tail situation developing.
- Hilda Massie, slightly older sister of Martin. Appears to be sweetness and light, but has a very different side to her than what we see at first.
- Luther Bradley, 30s: An unpleasant individual who bullies his wife and generally throws his weight around.
- Magda Bradley, 20s/30s: Wife of Luther. A music teacher with a gentle nature, she is dominated (and we later discover, physically abused) by her husband.
- Gareth Janner, 40s: Poor Gareth! He's an engineer who has been made redundant and is now being cuckolded by his wife, Amy. No wonder he spends so much time in his shed making things... he is something of an expert on things used for punishment in days gone past!
- Amy Janner, 30s: The unfaithful wife of Gareth, she eventually turns her charms on to the very susceptible Martin.
- Rod Trusser, 60s: Ex-security service, he doesn't have an illusion left about life. An authority on what is wrong with society as a whole, particularly in the less-desirable area bordering Bluebell Hill.
- Dorothy Doggett, 50s/60s: A widow. Possibly the neighbourhood "curtain twitcher", she doesn't miss much that goes on in Bluebell Hill. Keen to please and appears to have no malice in her.
Auditions will be closed and at 15-minute intervals from 10am to 2.30pm. For audition pieces and to book a time, please email the director, Penel Keegan - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone calls welcome on 021 171 3113 or 524 9943. For a perusal script, please contact the theatre, by email - email@example.com, or phone - 534-1401.