The world-renowned Jakarta Simfonia Orchestra and Jakarta Oratorio Society will bring the beautiful melodies of Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro and highlights of the 3 great sacred oratorios, Handels' Messiah, Haydn's Creation, and Mendelssohn's Elijah to the heart of Auckland.
Rev. Dr.Stephen Tong has always had an astounding ear for music, even from a very young age. His heart longs to bring the rich culture of classical music and its enjoyment back to South-East Asia and the whole world. “There is only one philosophy: all the work, all the achievement, is to glorify God’s name alone.”
After the establishment of the Jakarta Oratorio Society and Jakarta Simfonia Orchestra in 1989 and 2009 respectively, they have collaborated with internationally acclaimed concertmasters such as Dr. Jahja Ling (San Diego Symphony), Wei Lu (Deutsches Symphonie Orchester-Berlin), and renowned soloists such as Sam Haywood, Steven Isserlis and Johan Dalene.
Since 2017, 45,000 listeners over 17 countries have gathered to witness excellent music and this valuable cultural heritage.
The 2019 Grand Concert Tour will include the works of Rossini, Mozart, Handel, Mendelssohn and Haydn. Share this news and invite all of your friends and family in Auckland - do not miss out on this phenomenal event!
For more information visit: www.gct19.com
Terms and Conditions:
- Doors open at 6:15 pm. Doors close strictly at 7:30 pm.
- Patrons arriving late will not be admitted into the venue’s auditorium unless there is a suitable break in the performance.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to allocate your seating.
- Food and drink are strictly prohibited inside the concert hall.
- Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue’s auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and so forth must be turned off before entry into the venue’s auditorium.
- Performances may be unsuitable for children under 5 years of age. All patrons, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket.
- To ensure the enjoyment of all the patrons, please be respectful and keep the noise to a minimum during the concert.
- Patrons who disrupt a performance may be ejected from the venue.