This is a new concept from SeniorNet, known as a workshop set. There are 4 sessions that are linked but can be booked separately depending on your requirements and current knowledge.
- Describe the Android operating system
- Differentiate between mobile services
- List mobile network providers and charges
- Consider other costs for Devices
- Read from the Notification Panel
- Change the Screen Lock method
- Use the touch screen
- Device layout and App screen; Icons
- Home screen layout and Indicator Icons
- Create a folder
- Enter text by voice
- Search for Contacts
- Change Shooting Modes
- Wi-Fi; Browse the Internet
- Set the browser homepage
- Set up email accounts and send mail
- Read email messages
- Mobile printing
- Install/Uninstall Apps
- Use downloaded apps
- Remember with memos
- Record sounds
- Use Music Player and FM Radio
- Backup and restore data
Computers are available for your use but you may bring your own laptop to the course. 2-hour sessions for four weeks.
The workshop set runs on 4 consecutive Tuesday afternoons for 2 hours from 1.30 pm.
Bookings essential but the workshop set is free to financial members. Must be current members of SeniorNet Glenfield or join (annual fee $30). If you are new to SeniorNet you are invited to attend a Meet and Greet session on a Monday morning between 10 am and 12md. Ring for an appointment.