Have you ever considered investing in tech, innovation or early-stage companies? This event is for anyone who wants to learn the ins and outs of startup investing.
WWIN is pleased to host Angel Investing 101 presented by the Angel Association of New Zealand. Tickets are just $69 and include the session with a light lunch.
About the workshop
Understanding your motivation for becoming an angel investor and having an appreciation for the risk profile and mechanics of angel investment is all covered in this succinct "awareness-raising" course.
The workshop will be run by Ken Erskine who has extensive experience as an angel investor both from managing his own broad portfolio and leading the Ice Angels team for six years. Ken has developed and run the AANZ's Angel 101 workshop across New Zealand, receiving rave reviews or the content and his unique and fun delivery style.
The course will cover:
- The rewards and challenges of being an angel
- The legal requirements around eligibility and if you decide to become an investor director
- The importance of building a portfolio and how to go about this
- The importance of being involved
- The role of exits
- Where and how to access support
The session starts promptly at 9 a.m. and the teaching portion concludes at 12 p.m.