2019 Korean Film Festival returns this year with exceptional opportunity to enjoy seven well-selected Korean films to Wellington on 18 – 20 October at the Roxy Cinema.
Organised by the Korean Embassy in Wellington and the Korean Cinerama Trust, Korean Film Festival was annually to promote cultural exchanges between Korea and New Zealand. This year’s festival brings together some of the most popular and groundbreaking films. In particular, the Festival has secured Palme d’Or winning and Oscar International Feature nominated Parasite (2019).
Film Line-up for 2019:
Parasite (2019), The Face Reader (2013), Innocent Witness (2019), My Annoying Brother (2016), Swing Kids (2018), The Art of Korean Tea in New Zealand (2019), Our First Immigrants (2018)
- Friday 18 October, 8:15pm: Parasite (R13, 131mins)
- Saturday 19 October, 1:30pm: The Face Reader (M, 140mins)
- Saturday 19 October, 4pm: The Art of Korean Tea in New Zealand (G, 13mins) & Innocent Witness (M, 129mins)
- Sunday 20 October, 2:30pm Swing Kids (R13, 133mins)
- Sunday 20 October, 5pm Our First Immigrants (G, 15mins) & My Annoying Brother (M, 110mins)
*Free admission but ticketing required.
Booking for 2019 Korean Film Festival:
- Online booking at the Roxy Cinema (www.roxycinema.co.nz/)
- Visit the Roxy Cinema and book a ticket in advance
- Make a phone booking at the Roxy Cinema (04-388-5555) and collect the ticket at the counter on the day of screening
*Free admission but $1.51 Booking Fee applies to online, phone & in house sales.
Festival tickets are free and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.