We believe in excellence in yoga teacher training. For us and our students, this is far beyond teaching asana.
Contemporary Yoga is a truly holistic programme that offers a transformational experience for students that explores deep into the yoga tradition and modern movement theory to build skills that support and enhance a beautiful life of teaching.
You won’t learn rigid shapes, cues or patterns here. Your highly experienced and respected teachers will take you on an enlightening and experiential journey of movement and yoga that creates stability and ease, and can be applied to every yoga style.
“This training surpassed all expectations - challenging, inspiring, and deeply informative.” - Bridget McNamara, 2017
“An investment in the rest of my life.” - Sarah Hart, 2018
Graduates of the 200-hour training are empowered to:
- Understand essential anatomy and physiology hands-on.
- Investigate and enrich their understanding and practice of yoga.
- Embody natural, functional movement.
- Grow their own sustainable and nourishing practice.
- Explore traditional yoga philosophy and history in a relevant way.
- Apply principles of biomechanics and developmental movement patterns to healthy, easeful and steady movement in the wider yoga tradition.
- Inquire, discuss, challenge, investigate, experience and try all learnings themselves in a safe environment, supported by their tutors and peers.
- Develop a full and authentic approach to yoga, asana and meditation.
- Deepen their personal journey, transformation and spiritual practice.
- Have a clear sense of their own unique offering.
- Give voice and confidence to their inner teacher.
- Embrace yoga and movement as a lifelong study.
- Build personal resilience and wellbeing.
- Teach safely, confidently and creatively in their community.
- Gain international recognition and accreditation to teach professionally worldwide.
We are passionate teachers:
It’s our greatest joy to offer you the decades of experience between us.
We honour and encourage the process of curiosity, enquiry and discovery, and we’re here to support you every step of the way. Each of us brings a highly specialist background and a whole lot of soul.
And we can’t wait to meet you!
"I was amazed by the depth and breadth of yoga on the human mind and body that the teachers of this course have. I am a physiotherapist and as well as gaining vital skills to teach yoga I have also gained insight and knowledge that I will apply in my physiotherapy career." - Sarah Diskin, 2018