Coming up this Easter weekend an intriguing art and garden trail that includes gardens from Martinborough to Masterton will be open for the public.
With an entry fee of $2 per person per garden it has been specifically designed to be more affordable for other garden trails. You can visit all ten gardens over the weekend or pick just a few. A free map will be available in the middle of the Wairarapa Midweek on March 27th just before Easter Weekend. Keep an eye out for it – it will be a fascinating look inside some very different gardens.
Rain or shine, so bring an umbrella. Not suitable for pets or children. $2 per person per garden, open from 10am - 3pm each day over Easter. This is a fundraising event for Wai Art Trust - promoting and supporting Wairarapa Artists.
List of artists and their gardens:
- Kay Goldfinch - Grove 1/239 Lake Ferry Road, Martinborough
- Jane Jackson - 48 Kitchener Street, Martinborough
- Mike Spink - 8 Camellia Lane, Carterton
- Juliet Guerrero - 2 Wyndham Street, Carterton
- Cherryl Norman - 137 Chester Road, Carterton
- Anna-Marie Kingsley - 99 Hinau Gully Road, Carterton
- Jacky Pearson - 232 Norfolk Road, Carterton
- Anthea Crozier - 87 Cole Street, Masterton
- Diana Griffiths - 157 Masterton Strovnar Road, Masterton
- Sharon Cuff - 447 Te Whiti Road, Masterton