The Trustpower National Community Awards is an event all about recognising and celebrating the backbones of our communities – our volunteers. Representatives from 25 wonderful volunteer groups from all around New Zealand who were Regional Supreme Winners, along with their Mayor or Council representative, come together to contest the title of National Supreme Winner.
Each group present their story and the wonderful work they are doing in their respective communities in an 8-minute presentation. The National Awards are an opportunity for everyone to share ideas, experiences, contacts, and inspiration.
You have the opportunity to come and listen to and be inspired by some pretty extraordinary people.
There are four sessions you can attend, please sign up to one or all of them, the timings and groups are outlined below.
**Important** Please be aware of these timings as the doors will close promptly and will not open again until the session is finished out of respect for the groups.
SESSION 1 — 8:20am-10:10am
- Project Jonah NZ representing Nelson City and Tasman District
- Filipino Dairy Workers representing Ashburton District
- Coastguard Lake Taupō Asssociation Inc representing Taupō District
- Paparoa Wildlife Trust representing Grey District
- Salvation Army representing Central Otago District
- Pahiatua Railcar Society Inc representing Tararua District
- Bald Angels Charitable Trust representing Far North District
SESSION 2 — 10:40am-12:00pm
- Virtuoso Strings Charitable Trust representing Wellington Region
- Clutha District Settlement Support Inc representing Clutha District
- Buller Cycling Club representing Buller District
- Precious Ones Special Needs Support Group representing Wairoa District
- Te Puke Gymsport representing Western Bay of Plenty District
- LUMA Light Festival Charitable Trust representing Queenstown Lakes District
SESSION 3 — 12:45pm-2:00pm
- InHarmony Choir representing Timaru District
- Grumpy Old Men Enterprises (G.O.M.E) Trust representing Whanganui District
- South Invercargill Urban Rejuvenation Charitable Trust (South Alive) representing Invercargill City and Southland District
- Westland Industrial Heritage Park representing Westland District
- Cambridge Riding for the Disabled representing Waipa District
- Marlborough Readers and Writers Charitable Trust representing Marlborough District
SESSION 4 — 2:40pm-4:00pm
- Harbour Street Jazz Inc representing Waitaki District
- Rotorua Museum Outside The Walls Walking Tour Guides representing Rotorua Lakes
- Otago Special Olympics Powerlifting representing Dunedin
- The Incubator Growing Art & Culture representing Tauranga
- Edgecumbe Volunteer Fire Brigade representing Whakatāne District
- Manawatu Mountain Bike Club representing Palmerston North