Toastmasters is a worldwide programme where people improve their leadership and communication skills and learn how to speak in public in a safe, supportive club environment.
Toastmasters learn by:
- Practising speaking in front of the group.
- Listening to others speak to the group.
- Evaluating and listening to evaluations of speeches.
- Following the Toastmasters programme of advancing in steps.
Benefits of joining Toastmasters include:
- Learning by doing
- Improving self-confidence
- Improving listening skills
- Developing leadership skills
- Sharpening your thinking!
A Toastmasters meeting excites your brain! We have lots of fun ways to do this including impromptu speaking, prepared speeches from the Toastmasters work manuals and through our other roles such as evaluations.
There are also many opportunities to be a leader within Toastmasters which helps you to develop skills you can use at home, work and in life in general.
Whangarei Toastmasters is a welcoming Club - we are not a group of ‘stuffy old men wearing suits’! We have fun at our meetings, supper and a true ‘club’ feeling.
We meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 7pm to 9pm at the Maunu Masonic Hall.
Come along as a visitor to see if Toastmasters is for you - everyone is welcome.