Join us on March 3rd for a world class concert at Porirua Park! This will be a fantastic night you won't want to miss. The headline act is international singing sensations Sol3 Mio, who will be accompanied by Orchestra Wellington and local favourites Virtuoso Strings.
This is your last chance to get tickets, as the event is just around the corner!
General admission seats are still available and are only $15 per seat, plus service fees. The general admission seating area is close to the action, with great views of the stage and big screens. These seats are un-allocated, so you and your friends will be able to choose your seats on arriving at the event.
Here’s an overview of the concerts programme. Please note this is subject to change.
- 4pm - Gates open
- 5:30pm - Six local drumming groups will keep you entertained with their amazing Pacific Island beats.
- 6–7pm - Orchestra Wellington will bring opera alive, and will be supported by local group Virtuoso Strings with Pene Pati from Sol3 Mio as the conductor.
- 7–7:45pm - Singing sensations Sol3 Mio will then come to the stage and wow you with their powerful voices.
- 7:45–8:05pm (Interval) - During the 20 minute Interval grab something to eat or drink from the delicious food vendors.
- 8:05–8:50pm - Sol3 Mio will be back on stage to entertain you with their final set.
- 8:50–9:00pm - To end the night be ready to be amazed by the live cannon show in tune to Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture put on by Wellington Cannon Society.
The Gates open at 4pm, with the show starting at 6pm and finishing at 9pm.
Ticket prices are as follows, please note service fees apply:
Grandstand seats - sold out
Tickets are available online from Ticketdirect or you can pop into Te Rauparaha Arena, Porirua.
To help you get there and back with ease, there’ll be free shuttle buses available to and from the event from the Porirua Railway Station carpark (eastern side of the station). People are encouraged to park at the station and make use of these shuttles, as parking at the venue is very limited.
The shuttle buses will be taking people to the event, approximately every ten minutes, from 3:50pm until 6pm. They’ll be bringing people back to the Porirua Railway Station from 9:05pm.
Another great option is to walk to the event, if you live nearby.
There'll be a variety of food and non-alcoholic drinks available at our Food Truck Alley—your puku won't go hungry.
Wheelchair accessible seating is available in the general admission ticketed area for this event. Please make yourself known to staff at the entrance, who'll assist you. Manned mobility parking will also be available.
Please note no BYO alcohol is permitted onsite or available to purchase for general admission and grandstand ticket holders.
If postponed due to rain, the event will be held on Sunday March 4th.
The full terms of entry are available to read at the link.