Bluff Oyster season kicks off on the 1st of March and Auckland’s Princes Wharf is gearing up to celebrate with its annual Oyster Festival.
The Princes Wharf festival will take place throughout the month of March, with events and special offers at Euro Bar and Restaurant, The Culpeper, Coley & Punch and The Crab Shack.
Nourish Group Executive Chef Gareth Stewart will launch the festival with a trip down to Bluff to help harvest the first commercial catch of oysters.
Throughout March, enjoy a range of delicious events and specials, from all-you-can-eat oysters to bargain-priced dozens, live music, masterclasses and more.
Oyster Festival stand out events include:
- The First Haul: All You Can Eat Bluff Oysters. Be among the first in the country to tuck into new-season Bluffies at Euro’s all-you-can-eat extravaganza. Oysters will be served natural, kilpatrick and tempura. Menu includes kaimoana platters. Friday 2nd March, 12pm–3pm, $195pp, Euro (bookings essential - www.eurobar.co.nz or 09 309 9866).
- Great Bluff Lunch: Live the high life at Euro with free-flowing Champagne and five delicious oyster-filled courses. Crayfish and whitebait will also star on this A-list menu. Thursday 15th March, 12pm–3pm, $250pp, Euro (bookings essential www.eurobar.co.nz or 09 309 9866).
- The Oyster & Music Festival: Get in quick to The Culpeper on Saturday 24th March, because the first 200 dozen oysters served are free! There’ll also be an oyster shucking competition, and DJs Phoebe Falconer and Kate Elliot will be on the decks. Book a table and secure your spot. Saturday 24th March, from 2pm, The Culpeper. For more information check out www.theculpeper.co.nz.
- Bluff Meat Beer: The guys at Panhead beer will host this celebration of beer and oysters, with three courses (including a 1/2 adozen Bluff oysters per person) matched with some of Panhead’s finest brews. Thursday 14th March, 6pm on, $65 pp, The Culpeper (bookings essential - theculpeper.co.nz or 09 3204373).
- Whisky and Oyster Master Class: Learn while you imbibe at this deliciously educational evening. Mixologist Katie Cramphorn will guide you through tasting some of the world’s finest whiskies, while Te Matuku Oyster farmer and Gareth Stewart will instruct you in the fine art of oyster shucking. Tuesday 20th March; 6pm-8pm, $120pp, Coley and Punch (bookings essential: email firstname.lastname@example.org).
There will also be a range of promotions available during the Oyster Festival throughout Princes Wharf, including:
- Euro calls your Bluff: Diners can enjoy a dozen oysters for $29.95 at Euro. Available 12pm-3pm, Sunday to Wednesday, throughout March.
- Rosé of the day: Grab 1/2 a dozen oysters and a glass of rosé for $25 at Euro, Coley & Punch, and The Culpeper. Available any day during March.
- Bluff Oysters and Champagne: Enjoy a dozen Bluff Oysters with two glasses of Louis Roederer Champagne for $80, or make it a bottle for just $155, at Coley and Punch, Euro or The Culpeper. Available any day during March.
- Beer and Oysters: Glass of Panhead beer with 1/2 dozen oysters for just $25 at The Culpeper. Available any day during March.
Numerous other events, plus drink and dining specials, are on offer during the Oyster Festival and tickets are currently on sale for all events.
For bookings and further details, visit eurobar.co.nz; theculpeper.co.nz and coleyandpunch.co.nz.