Welcome to the club.
Join The Wellington Feminist Poetry Club this month as the nerdiest kids in school deliver you a whip-smart and biting night of spoken word poetry. The capital’s sharpest literary students will be taking the podium with moving, lyrical and even comedic stories of modern girlhood, queer resistance or anything they well please.
The curriculum is enticing, the reading list is moreish and the homework, nonexistent. It’s the most entertaining extracurricular activity about.
Our 2018 headliners are!
- Charlotte Austin on July 26th
- Freya Daly Sadgrove on August 16th
- Courtney Rose Brown on September 27th
- Tarns Hood on October 18th
- Mary Rainsford on November 29th
Want to get initiated? Anyone can join the club! If you’d like read at one of our events, get in touch with Hugo Grrrl. Male-identifying people welcome too.
WFPC is MC'd each month by some of Wellington's funniest femmes. This year catch the following comics hosting!
- Lucy Forrestal on Thursday July 26th
- Maddy Warren on Thursday August 16th
- Maria F. Williams on Thursday September 27th
- Gabby Anderson on Thursday October 18th
- and Rosie Howells on Thursday November 29th.
Please note: Seating is not allocated so arrive early to nab a good vantage point. Latecomers may not be admitted, and door sales are cash only.
Graphic design by Pip Clark. Hugo Grrrl 2016.