This year, the ever-popular Japan Film Festival returns to serve up premiere screenings of a wide range of films! Breathe in, observe, delight, experience and enjoy the rich yet subtle tapestry of Japanese life and culture.
This festival will be held in Wellington (27-28 October) and Christchurch (6-8 November) and Auckland (22-25 November).
Free admission and Japanese with English subtitles. Please visit the website of Consulate-General of Japan, for more details.
- 22&23 November: Fisher & Paykel Appliances Auditorium, The University of Auckland (No Booking required).
- 24&25 November: Academy Cinemas (Booking required at academycinemas.co.nz / Booking open from 25 October).
Films & Schedule:
Fisher & Paykel Appliances Auditorium/22&23 November
- 22 November 6:30pm: TEIICHI - Battle of Supreme High - (Director: Akira Nagai, 2017, M, Comedy drama, 118min)
*6:00pm :Opening Night Special Event Tsugaru-Shamisen Performance by World-Renowned Noriko Tadano
- 23 November 6:30pm: Survival Family (Director: Shinobu Yaguchi, 2017, PG, Comedy drama, 117min)
Academy Cinemas/24&25 November
- 24 November 4:00pm: Close - Knit (Director: Naoko Ogigami, 2017, M, Drama, 127min)
- 24 November 6:30pm: Memoirs of Murderer (Director: Yu Irie, 2017, R16, Thriller, 117min)
- 25 November 1:00pm: Rudolf the Black Cat (Director: Kunihiko Yuyama & Motonari Sakakibara, 2016, PG, Animation, 89min)
- 25 November 3:00pm: Chihayafuru Part 3 (Director: Norihiro Koizumi, 2018, Drama, 128min)
Auckland screenings are presented by the Consulate-General of Japan, the Japan Foundation and supported by the University of Auckland.