'Inside' is a series of three stories that are moments in time. They have no clear beginning or end, they are just a quick view into each character's world. Each vignette is about 10 minutes long.
1. A woman is battling depression and the physical representation of it is with her at all times.
2. A person is losing their memory to dementia, we see what the inside of their mind looks like. (May incorporate mixed media including video and music).
3. A person is coping with a profound loss. We hear the platitudes that often get offered up in those circumstances.
4. A woman is living with domestic violence. We experience the fear that she faces day in and day out.
5. A young couple fall for each other but we watch as it deteriorates into a story of sexual assault and predation.
We may end up cutting some of the stories out and developing fewer stories more fully, but at this stage, I am interested in workshopping these to their conclusions. Each story could eventually become its own play but I'm fascinated by utilising vignettes as a means to tell relevant stories that are stripped down to their most condensed and powerful versions. The original title was Vignettes.