This retreat is a truly Spiritual way to celebrate the inner beauty of Christmas. Following a meal served on arrival - giving time to get to know each other - this retreat is held in the silence, giving ample time for Meditation, thinking, relaxing and gentle walks. It is an opportunity to re-balance and get in touch with the Inner Self. Being in silence ends at breakfast on December 27th.
Coming on a Silent Retreat at the Centre is a special opportunity to connect with the Peace and spiritual joy of Christmas and to leave behind the material. This retreat is suitable for both first-time and experienced retreatants, with someone always on hand should you need anything.
The retreat begins with an introduction after arrival - a chance to ask any questions before we go into the silence - except for necessities.
Over the retreat you are very welcome to enjoy what we offer here:
- The Peace of Pure Meditation - we have morning and evening meditation and a beautiful meditation room available at other times.
- Christmas Satsanga - a beautiful Spiritual celebration on Christmas morning.
- Comfortable private rooms with garden views, twin share is available on request.
- Delicious, fresh and simple food offered buffet-style - salads, grains, soup and rolls, yoghurt, fruit and biscuits.
- You are welcome to practise gentle yoga on a private deck with garden views, mats can be provided or bring your own.
- Spiritual books, which we have on sale.
- Gentle walks from the Centre grounds (maps available).
- Rest, recuperation and inner refreshment in the Peace of the Centre.
- A comfortable lounge with a fireplace.
- A bath with salts and lavender oil.
- Special diets are catered for.
What are the benefits of coming on a Silent Retreat?
- To recharge and rest.
- To connect with the inner Spiritual being.
- To hear your inner voice - to listen to your inner wisdom, relax and release tension, develop creativity and connect with your inspiration and intuition.
Who comes on Silent Retreats?
Everyone! All ages from 18 to 90 and from all backgrounds and cultures.
Costs include full board in a shared or single room (if available).
Do I have to follow a religion or spiritual path to come on a Silent Retreat?
No. People from all paths come - including Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, Humanists, Atheists and Agnostics. Love and peace are universal and are within all of us. Why not come - and connect with your true self?
We can also offer the opportunity to learn Pure Meditation Foundation for those who would like to learn a Meditative Peace and mindfulness practise before the retreat - please enquire.
If you have any further questions please feel welcome to call on 09 817 8738, text on 021902807 or email through our website - we look forward to hearing from you.