Digital Photography Course for Beginners - Evening short course.
First class starts 15/10/2018.
Runs every Monday from 6pm to 8pm for 5 weeks.
This course is aimed at beginners who own a Digital SLR camera and want to maximise its potential.
The course is set in a classroom environment and participants are taught theory which is supported by creative practical exercises inside the classroom and outdoors. Each participant on the course will learn how to fully operate their digital camera as well as understand the fundamentals of photography, such as how to make correct exposures and understand the relationship between Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO.
Once the operation of the camera is mastered, some basics of Lightroom and Photoshop will be taught.
During the course, where relevant, students will be introduced to old masters and contemporary photographers.
- Understanding ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture
- Camera Modes: Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Auto
- Drive Modes: single Shooting, Continuous shooting, Silent single shooting, silent continuous shooting, 10-sec. self timer, 2-sec self timer
- Light Metering Modes: Spot, Partial, Centre-weighted and Evaluative
- Autofocus Modes: One shot, Al focus and Al Servo
- White balance
- Exposure compensation
- Use of ND filters
- Different types of lenses and their uses.
- Introduction to Lightroom and Photoshop
Course requirements: You will need to bring with you a digital SLR camera and manual.
- Laptop installed with lightroom and/or photoshop
- USB sticks
- Portable Hard drives