Anzac in Action 2018 will be 2 action packed days of old fashioned fun at the Rangitata Island Aerodrome!
We're talking several WWl battle re-enactments with live action, vintage weapons and machinery, blank bullets and pyrotechnic simulated explosions! And that's just for starters, also enjoy ...
- Free family joy rides in vintage cars
- The hiss of steam from traction engines
- Replica trenches, complete with authentic weapons and sleeping quarters to wander through
- Displays of military memorabilia, uniforms and civilian clothing from WWl
- Authentic Mess Tent for refreshments plus plenty of other simple, fresh fare on sale
- Stories, Photographs, and displays of locals who served in WWl
- Local musicians performing songs from bygone days
Bring the whole family and get hands on. Make day or a weekend of it - picnics welcome or indulge in the delicious offerings at an array of eateries around the grounds.
Children 15 and under free.
Gates open 9 am - 4 pm each day. Overnight parking for self-contained campervan and caravans available upon request for a small fee.