Beginners welcome. Drums Provided.
Back from his tour of Ghana and Burkina Faso in Africa, Come and share some of the gems gathered from Nathans time studying with the Griots (traditional holders of musical knowledge) in Africa.
A course not to be missed, we will start with the very basics, and over the 6 weeks build to playing as a full African percussion ensemble in a fun, social, supportive environment.
Benefits of hand drumming Include:
- Reducing stress and boosting the immune system,
- Producing deeper self-awareness by inducing synchronous brain activity and promoting alpha waves,
- Drumming helps to release negative feelings and emotional trauma,
- Helps us to connect with self and others,
- Helps us connect to the natural rhythms all around us,
- Grounds us in the present moment,
- Helps us to reach a state of self realisation,
- Helps us to have fun!
6:00 to 7:30 every Tuesday at Creative Waikato, 131 Alexandra Street.
Early bird rate (before 3rd April): $75 for the full 5 weeks.
Regular price: $100 for the full 5 weeks.
Casual Rate: $30 for individual classes.
A limited number of seats are available to book for the course, so please get in touch so that we can reserve one for you.
Contact Nathan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire or reserve your space.
Nathan Bregmen has been playing drums for over 20 years, and has been studying african drumming for around 9 years.
Captured by the ability of african drumming to build community and bring people together playing music in a short space of time, the African Drum has quickly become Nathans instrument of choice.
His light hearted but attentive teaching style has quickly made him a favourite with many students around the country.