Freshly back from his tour of Ghana Africa, come and share some of the gems gathered from Nathans time studying with the Griots (traditional holders of musical knowledge) in Africa.
A course not to be missed, we will start with the very basics, and over the 6 weeks build to playing as a full African percussion ensemble in a fun, social, supportive environment.
Benefits of hand drumming Include:
- Reducing stress and boosting the immune system,
- Producing deeper self-awareness by inducing synchronous brain activity and promoting alpha waves,
- Drumming helps to release negative feelings and emotional trauma,
- Helps us to connect with self and others,
- Helps us connect to the natural rhythms all around us,
- Grounds us in the present moment,
- Helps us to reach a state of self-realisation,
- Helps us to have fun!
6:00 to 7:30 every Tuesday at Creative Waikato, 131 Alexandra Street.
Early bird rate (before 19th February): $90 for the full 6 weeks.
Regular price: $120 for the full 6 weeks.
Casual Rate: $30 for individual classes.
A limited number of seats are available to book for the course, so please get in touch so that we can reserve one for you.
Contact Nathan via e-mail at email@example.com to inquire or reserve your space.
Nathan Bregmen has been playing drums for over 20 years, and has been studying african drumming for around 9 years.
Captured by the ability of african drumming to build community and bring people together playing music in a short space of time, the African Drum has quickly become Nathans instrument of choice.
His light hearted but attentive teaching style has quickly made him a favourite with many students around the country.