Red Cross invites you to a fun night out at the movies. Get into the spirit of the upcoming season, with a night out with family and friends to see, "The Man Who Invented Christmas."
The story of a journey that led to Charles Dickens' creation of "A Christmas Carol," a timeless tale that would redefine the holiday. It tells of the magical journey that led to the creation of Ebenezer Scrooge (Christopher Plummer), Tiny Tim and other classic characters from A Christmas Carol. Directed by Bharat Nalluri (Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day), the film shows how Charles Dickens (Dan Stevens) mixed real-life inspirations with his vivid imagination to conjure up unforgettable characters and a timeless tale, forever changing the holiday season into the celebration we know today. Rated PG
New Zealand Red Cross works in communities across Aotearoa and around the world to help improve the lives of vulnerable people. Whether it’s responding to disasters like the Kaikoura earthquakes and the Edgecumbe flooding, teaching life-saving skills to children, delivering a hot meal, supporting former refugees or providing a lift to the hospital, our volunteers and members are doing good things in neighbourhoods around the country and overseas.
- Average of 10,000 meals per month delivered throughout the region.
- Daily Free First Aid training to Auckland Primary Schools.
- Psychological First Aid Training.
- Pathway to Settlement and Employment Refugee programmes and now Driver’s Ed Mentoring programme for Former Refugee.
- A new neighbourhood disaster response initiative with groups appointed in Auckland regions
For more information about the Movie Fundraiser, please contact; Robyn.Brady@redcross.org.nz or 09 260 4070.
Thank you and see you on the night!