The Cateye Moonride is the iconic mountain bike event held in New Zealand's MTB Mecca - the Whakarewarewa Forest in Rotorua.
For the past 5 years the event hosted over 2000 riders annually, of all ability levels. The Moonride has been over-subscribed so get your team together and enter early to secure a place to be part of this thrilling event! Open to everyone with a bike!
There are three event options:
Avanti 24 hour - for teams of 4 or 5 and solo riders;
Balance Nutrition 12 hour - for teams of 4 or 5 and solo riders;
Jungle Coffee 6 hour - for teams of 2 to 5 and solo riders.
Friday 11th May 2012
- 4pm - 9.00pm: Registration at Kingsgate Hotel
- 4pm - 8.00pm: All 24 hour team vehicles to be parked on site by 8pm
- 8.30pm: Event briefing for 24 hour event
- 9.00pm: Start of 24 hour event - note new start time!
Saturday 12th May 2012
- 7am - 8.00am: Registration at Kingsgate Hotel;
- 8.00am: All 6 hour and 12 hour teams to be parked onsite by 8.00am;
- 8.30am: Event briefing for 6 hour and 12 hour event;
- 9am: Start of 6 and 12 hour event - note new start time!
- 3pm: Finish of the 6 hour event;
- 3.30pm: Prizegiving for 6 hour event;
- 9pm: Finish of 12 hour and 24 hour events;
- 9.20pm: Prizegiving for 12 and 24 hour events.
What you need to bring:
- Tent or van for your 10m x 4.5m team site;
- BBQ and your team food (hot food and coffee will be available for purchase);
- Lights: both front and rear (minimum 6 hours power per team). Charging facilities are available for 24 hour teams only;
- Bike helmet, gloves, a reliable bike and glasses (to keep bugs out of your eyes!);
- Credit card or cash for event specials, food and bike repairs;
- Drink bottles;
- Reflective clothing.
The average maximum air temperature is 14 degrees and there could be a frost on a clear night so bring warm clothes and a change in case of rain. Sunset is 5.15pm.
Limited numbers. Team entries will be limited to 375 teams so get in quick! The minimum age of all team members is 12 years on event day.